Tuesday, August 26, 2014

A Bit of BSP

Friends often tell me that I am the world's worst when it comes to promoting my books, and I'll admit they are right. I never know exactly how to do it without coming across as the proverbial salesperson with an arm full of books knocking on your door. However, if I don't ever knock on any doors, how are people going to know my books are even available? I read an article at Galley Cat recently that said Amazon gets a new book every five minutes.

That's a lot of books, folks, and it is no wonder that it is getting harder and harder for indie authors to get their books noticed. So... here I am knocking on your door. I won't keep you but a moment, I promise.

Knock, knock.

Who's there?

Maryann.

Maryann who?

Maryann Miller, and I just want to let you know that Stalking Season, the second book in the critically-acclaimed Seasons Mystery Series that started with Open Season, is an ebook, available in a number of places. The hardback edition was published in December 14, 2012 for library sales, and in February of this year I had a new cover made and released it as an ebook for Kindle and Kindle apps. More recently, I used Draft2Digital to make the book available at Scribd * Kobo * Apple * Inktera * Nook

Here are snippets from the major reviews the book has received. It still makes me smile to read them.

 “. . . gripping second mystery featuring Dallas, Tex., police detectives Sarah Kingsly and Angel Johnson. . . . The relationship between the women is just as absorbing as the search for the killer. Few readers will anticipate the closing twist.” Publishers Weekly Starred Review

"So deftly plotted and paced that, although it’s certainly possible to grow impatient with the protagonists’ unwarranted impatience toward each other, they’re appealing enough to keep the pages turning." Kirkus

Okay, you can slam the door in my face now.

1 comment:

ABEhrhardt said...

Maryann,

Of course you can and should promote your own work on your blog!

That's one of the things a blog is for. When I read a blog, I am always interested in the blogger's fiction - especially if it's in my reading genres.

Alicia