Monday, March 17, 2014

Monday Morning Musings




I won't be doing much celebrating today as I am really sick. A cold that I managed to keep at bay so I could finish the last weekend of our play has burst through the levee, so I am down for the count.

Here is a picture from one of our last performances. I think I was sick in this one, too, as I started getting sick on Friday, but the show must go on. This is from the scene where the doctor is giving Big Mama the real news about the report from the Oshner Clinic about Big Daddy in Tennessee Williams' "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." What a terrific run we had, and other than the fact that I can crash for a couple of days and not have to drive 60 miles for rehearsal or performances, I am sad it is over.


I will take care of two important pieces of business this morning, then find my green afghan and crash on the sofa.

Have fun partying everyone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you're under the weather - glad you were able to hold things at bay until you finished the play.

You probably used up all your reserves - take care, get extra rest, and cut yourself some slack.

Wish I had a green afghan - but I do have a child whose birthday is today, so it is a great day.

Alicia

Maryannwrites said...

Thanks for the good wishes, Alicia. Hope you had fun celebrating the birthday ans St. Paddy's Day.